World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Kenora Daily Miner and News

Article Id: WHEBN0021495706
Reproduction Date:

Title: Kenora Daily Miner and News  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Fort McMurray Today, The Beacon Herald, Grande Prairie Daily Herald-Tribune, Ottawa Sun, St. Catharines Standard
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Kenora Daily Miner and News

Kenora Daily Miner and News
Type Daily newspaper
Format Broadsheet
Owner(s) Quebecor Inc.
Editor Lloyd Mack
Founded 1881
Language English
Headquarters 33 Main St. P.O. Box 1620, Kenora, Ontario, P9N 3X7
Website [1]

The Kenora Daily Miner and News is a daily publication based in Kenora, Ontario. The Miner and News publishes its broadsheet paid circulation daily Tuesday through Friday, and its tabloid publication Lake of the Woods Enterprise is delivered free throughout the region every Saturday. The Daily Miner and News is owned by Quebecor Inc.

History

The News began weekly publication in 1881 under the ownership of E. P. Chapman. A second newspaper, the Rat Portage Miner, started around 1891 under the ownership of a Mr. Earngey through the Rat Portage Miner Publishing Co. In 1901 it shifted to twice weekly publication — Tuesdays and Fridays. By 1903 they operated under one name, the Rat Portage Miner and News, and it became the Kenora Miner and News in 1906 when the town itself was renamed. The Miner and News switched to six-day publication in February 1952 to compete with the Daily Reminder, started in the 1930s.

The Miner and News purchased the Reminder in 1960. In November 1973, Bowes Publishers purchased the newspaper and the name of the paper was changed again in 1977 to the Daily Miner and News. The Kenora Enterprise, which began publishing in 1996, was brought into the Daily Miner and News fold in July 2003.

See also

External links

  • Kenora Daily Miner and News


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.