World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Isagarh District

Article Id: WHEBN0005130478
Reproduction Date:

Title: Isagarh District  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Districts of British India, Guna, India, Historical districts of India, Imphal district, Chanderi fort
Collection: Districts of British India, History of Gwalior
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Isagarh District

Isagarh District is a former administrative district (zila) of the princely state of Gwalior in central India. Gwalior state existed from the 18th century until shortly after Indian Independence in 1947. Geographically, the district included most of the present-day districts of Guna and Ashoknagar, along with a portion of northeastern Vidisha District. The administrative headquarters of the district was the town of Isagarh. The district was overseen by a subah, or district magistrate, who answered directly to the Sadr Board, the governing administrative body of the state.

After independence

After Indian Independence in 1947, the state of Gwalior acceded to the Government of India, and its territory was integrated into the new state of Madhya Bharat. The territory of several feudal estates (Thakurs), including Sirisi, Umri, Raghogarh, Paron, Aron, Miana, Garha, [[

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.