World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Gerhardshofen

Article Id: WHEBN0010201843
Reproduction Date:

Title: Gerhardshofen  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Dachsbach, Neustadt (Aisch)–Demantsfürth-Uehlfeld railway
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Gerhardshofen

Gerhardshofen

Coat of arms
Gerhardshofen
Gerhardshofen

Coordinates: 49°37′N 10°41′E / 49.617°N 10.683°E / 49.617; 10.683Coordinates: 49°37′N 10°41′E / 49.617°N 10.683°E / 49.617; 10.683

Country Germany
State Bavaria
Admin. region Mittelfranken
District Template:Link if exists
Municipal assoc. Template:Link if exists
Subdivisions 14 Ortsteile
Government
 • Mayor Johann Müller
Area
 • Total 27.20 km2 (10.50 sq mi)
Elevation 288 m (945 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 2,497
 • Density 92/km2 (240/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 91466
Dialling codes 09163
Vehicle registration NEA
Website www.gerhardshofen.de

Gerhardshofen is a municipality in the district of Neustadt (Aisch)-Bad Windsheim in the administrative region of Middle Franconia in northern Bavaria in Germany.

Geography

Gerhardshofen is located in the valley of the Aisch. The neighbouring municipalities are (from the north in clockwise direction): Dachsbach, Weisendorf, Oberreichenbach, Emskirchen, Diespeck and Gutenstetten. The municipality has 13 boroughs: Altenbuch, Birnbaum, Eckenhof, Emelsdorf, Forst, Göttelhöf, Kästel, Kleehof, Linden, Rappoldshofen, Sintmannsbuch, Vahlenmühle and Willmersbach.

History

The village owes its foundation to the franconian colonisation of the 9th century and thus is a foundation of the Carolingian dynasty.

The first documented notice of Gerhardshofen is from 1235. There was mentioned a Heinrich Neze von Gerhardshofen in two documents of the Burgraves of Nuremberg. The first non aristocratic inhabitant ever mentioned was Conrad Stahel in 1304.

In the First Margrave War (1449–1450) Nuremberg troops looted 118 cows and 17 horses from Gerhardshofen and Dachsbach.

In 1553 there existed 53 properties which belonged to the manorialism Brunn, the Markgraves' bailifs offices of Dachsbach and Neustadt an der Aisch and to the reeves offices of Birkenfeld and Münchsteinach. In the Thirty Years' War nearly all houses where destroyed, also the church was bourned out. But in 1697 there were already 44 farmsteads resettled. Their number increased to 57 in the year 1792.

The village belonged to the blood court of Dachsbach, but the manoralism Brunn did justice on their properties by their own rights.

Probably there was a church destroyed by 1450. By 1471 there was laid a foundation stone for a new church. The inauguration of it was in 1481. The great structural damages of the Thirty Years' War were not repaired until the end of the 17th century. The renovation of 1795 matched a new construction. It was done in the baroque style of the Markgraves. After a recent renovation the Lord's house is a gem in the Aischgrund.

Culture

Music

  • Man choral society "Eintracht" Gerhardshofen

Periodic Events

  • Kirchweih, each next to last Sunday in August.
  • Annual alternating village fête and trade show.

Economics and Infrastructure

Federal highway B 470 is directed from north to south through the community area.

From 12 July 1904 until 30 May 1976 there was a railway, the Neustadt (Aisch)–Demantsfürth-Uehlfeld railway called Aischtalbahn, which lead to the Nuremberg–Würzburg railway. It was broken down and since then only buses connect Dachsbach with the surrounding area. The lines belong to the pay scale area of the Verkehrsverbund Großraum Nürnberg.

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.