World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

William H. Walls

Article Id: WHEBN0021834525
Reproduction Date:

Title: William H. Walls  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, List of Yale Law School alumni, Renee Marie Bumb
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

William H. Walls

William H. Walls
Judge on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
Incumbent
Assumed office
1994
Nominated by Bill Clinton
Preceded by Harold A. Ackerman
Succeeded by Renee Marie Bumb
Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court
In office
1979–1994
Personal details
Born 1932
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Alma mater Dartmouth College
Yale Law School

William H. Walls (born 1932) is a United States federal judge.

Born in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Walls received an A.B. from Dartmouth College in 1954 and an LL.B. from Yale Law School in 1957. He was a law clerk from 1957 to 1959. He was in private practice in Newark, New Jersey from 1959 to 1962, and was an assistant corporation counsel for Newark, New Jersey from 1962 to 1968. He was a judge on the Newark Municipal Court from 1968 to 1970, and was a corporation counsel for Newark from 1970 to 1973. He was in private practice in Newark, New Jersey from 1972 to 1975, and was a business administrator for the City of Newark from 1974 to 1977. He was a judge on the Essex County Court from 1977 to 1978, and on the New Jersey Superior Court from 1979 to 1994.

On September 14, 1994, Walls was nominated by President Bill Clinton to a seat on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey vacated by Harold A. Ackerman. Walls was confirmed by the United States Senate on October 7, 1994, and received his commission on October 11, 1994. He assumed senior status on January 31, 2005.

Sources

  • Federal Judicial Center.
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.