World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Dynamo Stadium (Kharkiv)

Article Id: WHEBN0022466360
Reproduction Date:

Title: Dynamo Stadium (Kharkiv)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Valeriy Lobanovskyi Dynamo Stadium, Oleksandr Yaroslavsky, Ukraine national rugby league team, Ukraine/New article announcements/Archive 2009 2, 2009–10 Ukrainian Cup
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Dynamo Stadium (Kharkiv)

Dynamo Stadium
The gates to the stadium.
Location Kharkiv, Ukraine
Coordinates
Capacity 9,000 (When completed)
Currently 3,000
Field size 104 m × 68 m (114 yd × 74 yd)
Surface Grass
Construction
Opened 1931
Renovated 1946, 1971, 2009
Tenants
FC Kharkiv

Dynamo Stadium in Kharkiv, Ukraine was most recently the home of FC Kharkiv, an association football club.

History

The stadium was built in 1931 and was used by teams from Kharkiv in the Soviet Championship, including FC Dynamo Kharkiv and FC Lokomotyv Kharkiv.

The stadium was damaged during World War II, and later reconstructed. Lokomotiv Kharkiv, the predecessor to FC Metalist Kharkiv in the Soviet Top League, used the stadium until they moved to Metalist Stadium. The stadium was repaired again in 1971, and was practically idle until 1997.

Until 2008, the stadium was used by FC Helios Kharkiv, who were leasing it from the municipal administration. At the beginning of 2008, the facility was sold to FC Kharkiv under the condition that the club would reconstruct it. It was closed down for renovations in late 2008, forcing FC Helios to move out of Kharkiv. FC Kharkiv returned to the stadium in April 2009, upon the conclusion of the main phase of renovations.[1]

Today

The stadium has 2,503 seats. Construction is underway on an additional 6,500 seats.

References

  1. ^ Епіцентр Чемпіонат України [Ukrainian Championship]. Прем'єр-ліга (in Ukrainian). Kiev, Ukraine: Association of Professional Football. 17 April 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2010. 


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.